Information about cookies on pilotsunread’s website.
A cookie is a small text file sent from our web server and saved by your browser. The cookie helps the ad system to recognise what kind of content and ads that were visited on our site. The information stored may be information about how our visitors have surfaced and used our site, what browser our visitors are using, what ads our visitors have seen. Pilotsunread uses aggregated / aggregated statistics about users / traffic and traffic providers. However, such statistics never contain any kind of personal information. Everything is anonymous. IP addresses are not stored in the Pilotsunread database that stores behaviour on the site, so the information about you can never be linked with your identity. Your IP address is stored for security reasons only in cases where you actively register on the site, for example, if you want to register as a customer.
Pilotsunread’s website uses three types of cookies. The first type saves a file permanently on your computer, and allows information that is new since you visited the page last updated. What has not been changed is downloaded locally from your computer if you have previously visited the page. This allows you to see information from the website more quickly.
The other type of cookies is called session cookies. While you are browsing a page, this cookie is sent between your computer and the server to connect information, such as the language you have selected. Session cookies are not stored permanently on your computer, but disappear when you close your browser.
The third-party cookies are used to provide statistics on how many people visit the site. Sometimes pilotsunread also uses third-party cookies from other companies to conduct market research and traffic measurements, facilitate ad management, and improve site functionality. Pilotsunread sometimes uses pixels and translucent gif files to facilitate online advertising. These files come from ad networks Pilotsunread collaborates with and Pilotsunread’s technology provider. The files make the ad system recognise cookies on your computer to understand which ads to display or which ads have been displayed in the browser.
Purpose of cookies and measuring tools:
- Allow the system to recognise recurring users to customise the message.
- Calculate and report user numbers and traffic.
- Make it easier for you to move on the site.
- Build segments and audiences for marketing purposes and to target ads.
- Reduce advertising that is irrelevant to certain audiences.
- Develop and improve the website by understanding how it is used.
This will prevent cookies from being stored
- You can delete cookies from your hard disk at any time, but this will make your personal settings disappear.
- You can also change the settings in your browser so it does not allow cookies to be saved to your hard drive. However, this deteriorates the functionality of certain web pages, can prevent access to member pages, and make certain content and certain features unavailable.
- Through the browser, previously stored cookies can also be deleted. See the browser’s help pages for more information.
- You can always contact Pilotsunread’s Data Protection Officer at email@example.com or call +46-42-4539090